Last updated: September 12, 2023
Numea is subject to federal and provincial privacy legislation and is committed to complying with the legislative provisions set out in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Quebec’s Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Bill 25). To this end, Numea has adopted policies and procedures to comply with these laws.
Users agree that by using our website or applications they consent:
- to the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect a certain amount of personal information when you visit our website or communicate with us, such as:
- Identity information such as your first and last name;
- Contact information such as e-mail address, name, mailing address, telephone number;
- Biographical information such as job title, name of employer;
- Marketing information and communication preferences;
- Billing and financial information, such as billing address, bank account information or payment details;
- Recruitment information, such as curriculum vitae, education and employment history, details of professional affiliations and other information relevant to potential recruitment by Numea;
- Website usage and other technical information, such as details about visits to our website, your interaction with our advertising and online content, or information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Numea complies with the COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Rule). Our website is intended for persons at least 13 years of age. If you are a minor under the age of 13, please do not provide us with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from minor children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information from our servers.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information from you and through our interactions with you. For example, some information is collected automatically when you visit our site, while other information is provided to us when you register, fill out a form, download content, purchase a product or service, or communicate with us.
Data exchanged automatically
When you access this site, information is automatically exchanged between your computer and the Numea server. No information enabling us to identify you is directly associated with your IP address. However, identification is possible with the intervention of your provider. This exchange of information is necessary because of the technological requirements inherent to Internet browsing.
You can set your browser to block cookies at any time. However, doing so may deny you access to certain functions offered on our website.
If you use a computer in a public place or share a computer with other users, be sure to delete your browsing history before ending each session.
Use of Google Analytics
The Numea.ca website uses various technological tools, such as Google Analytics, a website analysis tool provided by Google. This tool produces statistics and reports on navigation on this site, enabling Numea to improve its electronic service delivery.
Google may disclose this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the data on Google’s behalf. Your IP address is collected but anonymized in order to ensure the information’s confidentiality and to prevent identification of an Internet user by means of this address. In addition, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent Google from recording information about your browsing by installing the Google Analytics deactivation add-on on your computer. This module prevents Google Analytics from recording data about your visits.
How do we use personal information?
The use of your personal data allows us to:
- Facilitate the use of our website and ensure that content is relevant;
- Provide, for marketing and business development purposes, details of new products and services, invitations to webinars or events where an individual has opted to receive such information;
- Personalize your experience by better meeting your needs;
- Respond to inquiries or other requests from people who visit our website;
- Process job applications and assess whether an individual meets the requirements of the position for which he or she may be applying;
- Identify potentially prohibited or illegal activities for security purposes;
- Produce statistics on navigation on our website with Google Analytics
How do we protect your personal information?
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. Numea ensures that security measures are in place to adequately protect confidential information. Numea employees are required to respect the confidentiality of your information by committing to follow internal policies and procedures for the protection of confidential data. Our policies, procedures and code of ethics are clearly communicated to our staff and consultants, and we ensure that they are respected and adhered to on an ongoing basis.
In addition, the only staff members who have access to your personal information are those who need to know it for service delivery purposes. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, nor any means of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We therefore cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or provide to us, and you do so at your own risk. Nor can we guarantee that such information will not be accessed, obtained, disclosed, altered or destroyed as a result of a breach of our physical, technical or administrative safeguards. If you have reason to believe that personal information has been compromised, please contact us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section.
To whom will Numea disclose your personal information?
Numea does not communicate, transmit or sell your personal information to third parties. However, in the course of performing the services you have entrusted to us, Numea may transmit your information to its commercial partners, where applicable (e.g. IBM, Environics Analytics, Microsoft, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to, the purchase and/or renewal of licenses, databases and dashboards.
How long do we keep personal information?
Numea does not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We retain and use your personal information only as long as necessary to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. For example, Numea typically retains customer information for the period of service and for three (3) years following the end of the business relationship, unless the law requires a different retention period for such information, unless there is a current or potential dispute, or unless the customer requests a different retention period.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns, questions or complaints, you can contact the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact details and any information relevant to your request.